Shedding unwanted weight is a difficult task for both men as well as women. There are some over the counter medicines that provide these weight loss facilities in a quick way. But the safety and effectiveness of these medicines is still a mystery and you must not take them without proper consultation from a physician. Here are the most effective diet pills that work wonders for you.
- Pills containing caffeine – Diet pills that contain only caffeine are quite effective and come in the form of herbs such as yerba mate, guarana or kola nut. Caffeine is found a responsible increase in the rate of metabolism and thereby it can create weight loss, but that is not much significant. It delays the gastric emptying and reduces appetite. But there can be adverse effects such as nervousness, swelling in the brain, increased blood pressure etc.
- Green tea – The antioxidants present in green tea are recommended for weight loss. It contains caffeine as well as catechins to increase metabolism. But the effect of weight loss from green tea is very minor.
- Extract of green coffee bean – these are unroasted beans which contain caffeine and high quantity of chlorogenic acid. It can prevent the accumulation of fats in the body. But there is no clinical or research-based evidence on the effectiveness of this product yet.
- White kidney bean – these legumes are found abundantly in South and Central America and it prevents the absorption and breakdown of carbs and thereby suppresses appetite. The legume is a part of diet recommended by nutrition for reducing calories. But still, more intensive research is required on this topic.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid – Also popularly known as CLA this product is found in animal foods such as beef and milk. It can promote weight loss by the destruction of the fat cells present in the body. But the product is reported to increase the cholesterol levels of the body and hence it is not much recommended.
- Pyruvate – This is a chemical which is produced by the body when glucose is produced. There are some diet pills that contain this chemical in the form of calcium pyruvate. This increases metabolism and fat burning potential. This can aid in weight loss.
These are some of the naturally occurring as well as artificial diet pills that work. You can take them after consulting doctor, or products such as green tea can be taken just as a healthy replacement of tea.